I started this dress awhile ago but it was left hanging buttonless on my door for weeks and weeks until I finally bought a new buttonhole foot. The fabric is from my linen haul at The Fabric Store. As with my last linen dress, I’m just not sure I am any good at sewing with it (or rather cutting it out!). The boob area is a little loose and it just looks a bit messy. I’ve made this pattern before and didn’t have a problem with ease so it’s got to be the diffence in fabric.
I made the full skirted option this time. I’m not sure which I prefer. I might try and make just the skirt part of this dress sometime soon.
I am not very impressed with that little tuck up near the shoulder. Also the placket looks a bit dodgy near the bottom of the skirt. It’s so frustrating when things so turn out as nice as hoped! I think some of the problems will be fixed with a press – I hurriedly rush outside to take photos and neglected to iron first.
I changed the back of the pattern to omit the gathers at the top. I must have forgotten to remove the gather allowance from the bottom of the pattern piece though because it was too long. This is the problem with leaving a long time between cutting out – sewing- then finishing, I’ve forgotten the details.
I really thought this dress would be beautiful but I’m kind of disappointed by it. I can’t even pinpoint the problem but I guess it is down to the ease in the bodice and it not looking quite as professional as I’d like. Anyway… enough moaning 🙂
I have been really busy recently with two exams in the last two days and another tomorrow. I usually do well on assignments and then my exam marks bring me down (booo!) so I have been trying a bit harder to remember every last detail. We’re going to visit my family over the weekend though which will be a nice break after all this study. Hope you all have a nice weekend too!